Jan and I went to the farmer’s market yesterday and she fell in love with Big Paw’s Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar. The question was what to do with it. We had already decided that we were going to have a Deli-dinner (fresh bread, cheese, cold meat, salad etc.) Jan had already gotten some heirloom carrots for carrot salad, so what were we going to do with the new vinegar?
Jan love asparagus, but I am allergic to it. Every once in a while I will make it, just to watch her eat it and we were already at the farmer’s marker. I I was going to use the oven for the beer bread, so roasting was the obvious choice.
Karl’s Mission Fig Balsamic Asparagus
1 lb. asparagus
1 Tbs. olive oil
2 tsp. Mission Fig Balsamic vinegar
½ tsp. thyme
¼ tsp. black pepper
Pinch Kosher salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375° F.
2. Lay the asparagus in a single layer in a lipped baking sheet.
3. Brush the asparagus with olive oil and dribble them with the vinegar.
4. Roll the asparagus slightly to coat them and distribute the vinegar evenly.
5. Sprinkle the thyme, pepper and salt evenly over the vegetables.
6. Roast for 8-10 minutes.
7. Cool slightly and serve.