The rest of my meal is so fancy, plain rice seemed bland. A few weeks ago I made confetti rice with Chinese chives. That technique should work just as well with scallions (green onions).
Karl’s Scallion Rice
1½ cups Jasmine rice, uncooked
3 scallions (green onions)
1. Rinse the rice until it runs clear and put it in the pot with the appropriate amount of water.
Tip: I use an Asian rice cooker. For me it is simply, “put in two scoops of rice and fill to line 2 and press the button.”
2. Chop the scallions, white and green parts separately.
3. Stir the white parts of the onion into the uncooked rice and Cook it as you normally would.
4. When the rice has finished cooking, stir most of the green parts into the hot rice.
5. Transfer the rice to a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining green onion.