I am planning a buttermilk roasted chicken tonight. I wanted a green vegetable to go with it and green beans came to mind. This Sunday, Miriam served us her marinated strawberries and steamed green beans. I thought: Why serve them separately?
Karl’s Strawberry Vinaigrette Green Beans
12 oz. French green beans
12 oz. fresh strawberries
½ cup white balsamic vinegar
1 Tbs. Karl’s Orange Infused Sugar
¼ tsp. black pepper, fresh cracked
Pinch sea salt
1. Steam green beans for 5 minutes and rinse in cold water.
Tip: You want the beans to be just tender crisp, not over cooked.
2. Rinse and slice the strawberries and put them into a medium mixing bowl.
3. Add the vinegar, sugar, pepper, and salt to the bowl and mix gently to combine and coat the strawberries.
4. Lay the green beans in a flat bunch in a sealable plastic container.
5. Pour the strawberry vinaigrette over the beans and seal the lid.
6. Gently shake the container to distribute the vinaigrette over the beans.
7. Refrigerate the beans for at least one hour, shaking the container about every 20 minutes.
Tip: Dish is better the longer you have to let it marinade. Miriam marinates her strawberries for a week before serving them.
8. Remove the beans to a serving dish and spoon the berries and some of the vinaigrette over them.