I had run out of my usual four chile chili powder, so I threw together a new blend for my chicken soup.
Karl’s Chile Chicken Spice Blend
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. coriander seed
1 tsp. Mexican oreagano
½ tsp. Kosher salt
½ Tbs. Ancho chile powder
½ Tbs. California chile powder
½ Tbs. New Mexico chile powder
½ Tbs. Pasilla chile powder
½ Tbs. Hungarian paprika
1. Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a small dry pan until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
2. Let the seeds cool slightly and place them in a spice grinder with the oregano and salt.
3. Process the spices to a powder.
4. Add the chile powders and pulse to thoroughly mix the spice blend.
5. Transfer the spice blend to a shaker spice jar.
One response to “Karl’s Chile Chicken Spice Blend”
Pingback: Karl’s Chicken Taco Soup | Jabberwocky Stew