Adapted from an Epicurious recipe
Like a lot of house bound people wife Jan is starting to bake. Cookies make her happy. So she decided to bake some.
Jan’s Cardamom Triple Ginger Cookies
2½ cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup minced crystallized ginger
2 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup (packed) dark brown sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
¼ cup light (mild-flavored) molasses
1½ tsp. finely grated fresh peeled ginger
1½ tsp. ginger ground
1 tsp. cardamom, ground
½ tsp. cloves, ground
2 Tbs. white sugar
1. Position one rack in top third and the second rack in bottom third of oven.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. Whisk the flour, crystallized ginger, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl.
5. Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until creamy and light about 2 minutes.
6. Gradually beat in the brown sugars.
7. Continue beating on medium-high speed until creamy, about 3 minutes.
8. Add the egg, molasses, fresh ginger, ground ginger, cardamom, and cloves to the butter mixture.
9. Continue beat until well blended.
10. Add half of the flour mixture and continue beating on low speed just to blend the ingredients.
11. While continuing to beat, add the second half of the flour mixture.
12. Place the white sugar in small bowl.
13. Pam a one tablespoon measuring spoon and scoop out a level measure of the dough.
14. Roll the dough into ball and then roll it in the sugar in bowl to coat.
15. Place the dough ball on the baking sheet.
16. Repeat with remaining cookie dough, spacing the cookies 1½ to 2 inches apart.
Note: Jan did not press down on the cookies and they did not spread out as she expected. If you do not want cookie balls you may press down to flatten the ball slightly to get a flatter, more-cookie like shape.
17. Bake cookies until surfaces crack and cookies are firm around edges, about 15 minutes.
Tip: They should still be slightly soft in center.
18. Cool completely on sheets on rack.
One response to “Jan’s Cardamom Triple Ginger Cookies”
It looks yummy. Thank you for the recipe. I am a travel blogger from India. Please have a look at my blog too.