2 lbs Brussels sprouts
2 slices Canadian bacon, cut into match sticks
1 shallot, diced fine
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. dried thyme
½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp black pepper
2 Tbs. Red Pepper, diced fine
1. Heat oven to 425°.
2. Trim the bottoms off of the Brussels sprouts and remove any damaged leaves. If large, cut in half.
3. Blanch the Brussels sprouts for one minute.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients into a bowl. Mix to combine. Add Brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
5. Spread Brussels sprouts in a roasting pan in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once after about 10 minutes, until brown and caramelized.
6. Put in a serving bowl and garnish with the red pepper.