Jan adapted this from two on-line recipes Baking Bites and The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen for our Easter feast.
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
¾ cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
2 Tbs. Meyer lemon zest
½ cup Meyer lemon juice
½ cup Greek Yogurt
1 Tbs. Agave syrup
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar to dust
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
5. Beat in eggs, one at a time, followed by lemon zest.
6. Stir 1/3 of the flour mixture into the butter mixture, followed by the Meyer lemon juice.
7. Add an additional 1/3 of the flour mixture, followed by the yogurt and agave syrup.
8. Stir in the remaining flour, mixing only until no streaks of flour remain visible.
9. Pour the batter into prepared pan.
10. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean or with only a few moist crumbs attached.
11. Let cake rest in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
12. Dust with confectioner’s sugar.
2 responses to “Jan’s Meyer Lemon Bundt Cake”
I did not see where the agave syrup was used.