I am always experimenting with quick ways to spruce up plain steamed green beans. Even when I am using most of the same ingredients I will switch up cooking techniques. This technique uses one fewer pans. I made this side dish to go with my broiled salmon.
Karl’s Garlic Thyme Green Beans II
1 lb. green beans, ends trimmed
2 Tbs. chicken broth (water for Vegan)
2 Tbs. butter (olive oil for Vegan)
3 clove garlic, pressed
1 tsp. thyme
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Trim the green beans and cut them into 1½ inch pieces.
2. Put the green beans into a sauté pan, add the chicken broth (or water). Cover and steam them, on high, until the liquid has almost evaporated.
2. Pull the beans to one side and add the butter (olive oil), garlic, and thyme into the pan. Sauté the beans on medium high for 2-3 minutes until the green beans are picking up some charring.
3. Turn off the heat and add the pepper and salt.
4. Toss to coat the beans with the pan sauce and serve immediately.