I wanted some potatoes to go with my rosemary roasted chicken. When I was at the store I saw these tiny marble-sized potatoes. They were so cute I had to have them. They were also the same size as the pre-peeled Chinese garlic that I buy and it just seemed logical to mix them together.
After Dinner Note: I could easily have added another 10-20 cloves of garlic. A piece of roasted garlic and a tiny roasted potato were really a good combination.
Karl’s Rosemary Roasted Marble Potatoes and Whole Garlic
1½ lb. marble potatoes (about 50)
15-20 large cloves of garlic
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
½ tsp. black pepper
1. Put the potatoes and garlic in a small roasting pan in a single layer.
Tip: You want to use a pan that does not crowd the vegetables, but you do not want them rolling around in an over-sized pan. If you use a pretty, shallow casserole, you may use it to serve the dish.
2. Mix the oil, rosemary, and pepper and pour it over the vegetables.
3. Toss the vegetables to coat them with the herb, spice and oil.
4. Roast the potatoes in a 375° F oven for 30-40 minutes.
Tip: If you are cooking this with the chicken, put them in the oven when you turn the temperature down.
5. Sprinkle the Fleur de sel over the potatoes and garlic.
6. Garnish with the green onion and serve.