The kid’s love mushrooms and, since son-in-law, Chris, is still avoiding noodles. I need to add a dish for Sunday’s dinner that will fill him up. Man does not live on meat alone, but he is trying with his keto diet.
Karl’s Stir-fried Mushrooms and Shrimp with Sichuan Garlic Sauce
Sichuan Garlic Sauce
6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 green onion, white part only, finely chopped
1 Tbs. light soy sauce
1 Tbs. dark soy sauce
1 Tbs. chili garlic sauce
1 Tbs. shao xing rice wine
1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
½ tsp. dark sesame oil
½ tsp. Sichuan pepper, coarsely ground
2 Tbs. peanut oil
½ lb. oyster mushrooms
½ lb. fresh shitaki mushrooms
14-10 medium shrimp, shelled and cut in half
3 green onions, green part only, finely chopped
1. Prep the garlic and green onion.
Tip: Save the two remaining what parts of the green onions for another dish.
2. Measure the soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, shao xing, and sesame oil into a cup and set it aside.
3. Put the peanut oil into a wok or large sauté pan and heat it over medium high heat.
4. When the oil is shimmering, add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until the mushrooms are starting to pick up some color.
5. Add the shrimp and garlic. Stir-fry for one minute more.
6. Stir in the sauce in the cup and continue stir-frying until the sauce starts to thicken, about one more minute.
7. Stir in the Sichuan pepper and most of the green onions.
8. Transfer the mushrooms to a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining green onions.