Adapted from a Food Floozie recipe
Jan wanted a sweet sauce to go with her low-sugar chocolate mousse.
Jan’s Drambuie Butterscotch Sauce
¼ cup white sugar
¼ cup agave syrup
¼ cup Drambuie
1 Tbs. butter
½ tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. Strauss cream
1. Bring the sugar, agave syrup, and Drambuie to a boil, over medium-high heat, in a small saucepan.
2. Cook for five minutes, stirring constantly.
Tip: If the mixture foams up, more than you can stir down, reduce the heat slightly.
3. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
4. After the sauce has cooled slightly, stir in cream.
Tip: The mixture will form lumps, but constant stirring will smooth it out. Warming the cream slightly will make this process go more smoothly.
5. Place the sauce into a jar, cover, and refrigerate until cold. The sauce will thicken to almost a solid.
Tip: Microwaving the jar for 10-15 seconds will warm the sauce to a thick syrup.
6. Spoon it over the mousse.