For Sunday dinner, I am making Beef Bourguignon. What is a stew without potatoes? I could just toss the potatoes in the stew and call it good, but I decided that I would prefer them as a potato side dish.
When I left home I copied my favorite recipes from my mother’s card file. One was for parsley potatoes. I started thinking, “Why just use parsley? Wouldn’t other herbs work as well?”
Karl’s Tarragon and Chive Potatoes
1½ lb. Baby Yukon gold potatoes
2 Tbs. unsalted butter (olive oil for Vegan)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 Tbs. fresh tarragon
3 Tbs. fresh snipped chives.
Black pepper, to taste
Kosher salt, to taste
1. Put potatoes in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook covered 15-20 minutes, until a knife slips in easily.
2. Drain potatoes in a colander.
3. Return the empty pot to the stove and add the butter.
4. When the butter stops foaming, add the garlic and cook on medium high for one minute.
5. While the potatoes are still hot, return them to the pot.
6. Remove the pot from the heat and add the tarragon, chives, pepper, and salt.
7. Toss to combine and coat the potatoes.
8. Cover, off the heat, for two to three minutes.
9. Toss once more before transferring to a serving bowl.