I make my parsley potatoes exactly like my mother, with the exception of almost everything. My mother would use White Rose potatoes that she would cut into small pieces. I use whole small baby Dutch potatoes. My mother would use one clove of garlic, one green onion and one tablespoon of parsley. I triple all of these ingredients. Other than that the recipes are exactly the same.
Claudia’s Parsley Potatoes
1½ lb. Baby Dutch potatoes (White Rose, cut in ¾ inch pieces)
3 Tbs. unsalted butter
4 cloves garlic, crushed (1 clove)
3 green onions (1)
3 Tbs. curly leaf parsley (1)
Black pepper, to taste
Kosher salt, to taste
1. Put potatoes in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook covered 15-20 minutes, until a knife slips in easily.
2. Drain potatoes in a colander.
3. Return the empty pot to the stove and add the butter.
4. When the butter stops foaming, add the garlic and cook on medium high for one minute.
5. Return the potatoes to the pot and add the green onions and parsley.
6. Add pepper and salt to taste and toss to combine and coat the potatoes.
7. Cover and leave off the heat for three to five minutes. Toss once more before transferring to a serving bowl.