I am making chicken Madeira for Jan’s visiting friends. Sauce and meat needs starch. I decided that what was called for was a variation on my mother’s parsley potatoes.
Karl’s Potato Thyme
1½ lb. Baby Dutch potatoes (White Rose, cut in ¾ inch pieces)
3 Tbs. unsalted butter (olive oil for Vegan)
4 cloves garlic, crushed
3 green onions, sliced finely, white and green parts kept separately
2 Tbs. fresh lemon thyme
Black pepper, to taste
Kosher salt, to taste
1. Put potatoes in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook covered 15-20 minutes, until a knife slips in easily.
2. Drain potatoes in a colander.
3. Return the empty pot to the stove and add the butter.
4. When the butter stops foaming, add the garlic and the white parts of the green onion and cook them on medium high for one minute.
5. Return the potatoes to the pot and add the rest of the green onions and thyme.
6. Add pepper and salt to taste and toss to combine and coat the potatoes.
7. Cover and leave off the heat for three to five minutes.
8. Toss once more before transferring to a serving bowl.
One response to “Karl’s Potato Thyme”
Pingback: Karl’s Chicken Madeira with Dried Apples | Jabberwocky Stew