This is a weekday meal, so I usually do not go to all the effort that I put into my Sunday feasts. However, that does not mean that it should be bad for your or not taste good. “Quick” does not necessarily mean “bad.”
For the most part I try to make may own dressing for salads. However, I have not been able to replicate the flavor of Hidden Vally Ranch Coleslaw dressing. It simply tastes “right.”
½ head of cabbage
1 large carrot
¼ cup pine nuts
¼ cup Zante currents
½ cup Hidden Vally Ranch Coleslaw dressing
1. Shred the cabbage finely and place it in a bowl.
Tip: Cut the cabbage into wedges and, starting at the thick end, cut slices as thinly as you can.
2. Peel and coarsely grate the carrot and add it to the bowl.
3. Toast the pine nuts, until fragrant, over medium heat. Cool and add to the bowl.
4. Add the currents and dressing. Toss to mix and coat.
5. Let the salad meld, tossing occasionally, for at least half an hour.
6. Serve at room temperature.