Jan wanted hamburgers and I used a Cook’s Illustrated recipe. If I was going to fire up the barbecue to grill hamburgers I might as well throw some corn on as well. My family generally does not like plain, so I have to doctor them just a bit.
Karl’s Barbecued Corn with Garlic Butter
1 ear of corn per person
2-4 Tbs. butter (for Vegan use olive oil)
4 cloves garlic, smashed to a paste
Fresh cracked black pepper
1. Shuck the corn and remove the stem and any silk. Lay them in a shallow pan.
2. Add the butter and crushed garlic to a microwave safe cup and melt the butter, 15-20 seconds.
3. Brush the garlic butter on all sides of the corn.
4. Sprinkle fresh pepper and salt on all sides of the corn.
5. Lay the corn away from the coals and roast, with the barbecue lid closed, for 15-20 minutes.
Tip: Rotate the ears about every 5 minutes to get even browning an all sides of the corn.
6. Serve hot.
Tip: There is no need to add anything to this dish, because they are already buttered and seasoned.