½ cup soy sauce
2 Tbs. mirin
1 ½ Tbs. brown sugar
1 Tbs. grated fresh ginger1 tsp. wasabi paste
2 ½ lbs salmon filet
1 Cedar plank
1. Combine glaze ingredients in a small sauce pan and simmer until it starts to thicken slightly. Let cool and set aside.
2. Start BBQ coals and soak the cedar plank in water.
3. Rinse and pat the fillet dry. Pam the plank and lay the fillet on it skin side down.
4. When the coals are ready, push them to one side of the BBQ. Lay the plank over the coals and close the lid.
5. After 15 minutes, move the plank away from the coals and brush the fillet with the teriyaki glaze. Repeat glaze every 5 minutes until the salmon is cooked through (about another 20 minutes).