With the French girl here every day seems like a challenge meal day. I decided I needed a vegetable side dish to go with my chicken and faro. I have not made Brussels sprouts in a while and Jan really loves them.
Karl’s Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lime and Chives
1 lb. Brussels sprouts
2 Tbs. butter
1 clove garlic, finely crushed
1 Tbs. lime juice, fresh
¼ tsp black pepper
Pinch Kosher salt
2 tsp. chives, snipped
1. Heat oven to 425°.
2. Trim the bottoms off of the Brussels sprouts and remove any damaged leaves. If large, cut in half.
Tip: Today I am using the smallest Brussels sprouts I could find.
3. Blanch the Brussels sprouts for one minute.
4. Melt the butter into a bowl and mix in the garlic, pepper, salt and sugar. Add Brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
5. Spread the Brussels sprouts out on a roasting pan and roast for 20-30 minutes, stirring once after about 15 minutes, until brown and caramelized
Tip: You can save energy by turning off the oven after 20 minutes and using the residual heat for finish cooking the Brussels sprouts.
6. Place the Brussels sprouts in a serving bowl and garnish with the chives.