Topping for the fish tacos. This salsa may be used with any Mexican meal. Indian Chili power is a favorite of mine. It includes the whole chili (seeds and all) and has a lot more flavor than Cayenne pepper.
Karl’s Salsa Fresca
3 beefsteak tomatoes
½ red onion
1 Jalapeño chili
1 clove garlic, crushed
½ cup cilantro, chopped
2 Tbs. lime juice (about one small lime)
½ tsp. lime zest
¼ tsp. Indian chili power
1. Cut the tomatoes in half at the equator and discard the seeds.
2. Chop the tomatoes, red onions and into ¼ inch dice put them into a medium bowl.
4. Dice the chili very finely and add it to the bowl.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
5. Let the salsa meld, stirring occasionally, for at least one half hour.