After Thanksgiving you usually have the pleasant problem of what you are going to do with the leftovers. Usually, I make mulligatawny. This year Jan asked for turkey tacos.
Karl’s Leftover Turkey Fajita Tacos
¾ lb. leftover turkey breast, shredded
2 Tbs. corn oil
1 small yellow onion
½ tsp. Kosher salt
1 Poblano pepper
½ green bell pepper
½ red bell pepper
½ Jalapeño pepper, diced finely
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbs. Karl’s Turkey Chili Powder
2-3 tortillas per person
1. Cut the onion, pole to pole, into thin half moons.
2. Cut the peppers into thick match sticks.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan, over medium high heat, and sauté the onions with the salt until soft, about five minutes.
4. Add the peppers to the pan and continue sautéing until the vegetables are soft, about another five minutes.
5. Pull the vegetables to the sides of the pan and sauté the garlic until fragrant, about one minute.
6. Sprinkle the chili powder over the garlic.
7. Bloom the spices for 20-30 seconds and then stir them into the vegetables.
8. Add a quarter cup of water or beer to deglaze the pan and to create a sauce.
9. Add the turkey and warm it through, tossing to coat it with the sauce, about another 2 minutes.
10. Transfer the taco filling to a serving bowl and serve it with tortillas and your favorite toppings.