Karl’s Pear Compote
2 Tbs. butter
4 Tbs. dark brown sugar
1 Bosc pear, peeled, cored and diced
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. corn starch
¼ tsp. vanilla
Pinch nutmeg, fresh grated
1. Melt the butter in a small pot and sprinkle in the sugar. Cook over medium high heat until the sugar starts to caramelize, about 5 minutes.
Tip: You can smell the caramel scent when it is ready.
2. Add the pear and cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat to medium low and stir in the cinnamon.
4. Sprinkle in the corn starch and stir constantly until the sauce thickens, about one minute.
5. Stir in the vanilla and nutmeg and serve.